Thursday, August 14, 2008

sarah, a trend setter?

So, Jenny told me this week that I should start a blog because I am quite the trend setter among the NC Nesties, and need a blog to showcase my finds. I had set up this blog account for Travis and I a few weeks ago, but have been so busy with work that I hadn't gotten a chance to create any blogs yet.
So here we go, find number one: The most AMAZING brush in the world (or maybe North Carolina)!
This brush is amazing, and does wonders for thick and curly/wavy hair! You can find it here at Ulta. Make sure you order the brush that has natural boar bristles on one side and ionic bristles on the other side. Honestly, I think I should be in sales for this brush!

And find number two: Florentine Meatballs!

Now this is a RR recipe, and usually, I find her dishes tasteless and fatty. This one, stands out for me though. In her original recipe, RR serves the meatballs in a cheese sauce. I adjusted the recipe and serve the meatballs in Trader Joes marinara sauce.

Florentine Meatballs

1 box frozen spinach, defrosted in the microwave
1 1/3 pound (1 package) ground turkey breast
1 medium onion, finely chopped, divided 3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large egg
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup bread crumbs, 3 handfuls
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, 2 palm fulls
Coarse salt and black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1/4 cup parsley leaves, chopped


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Wring defrosted spinach dry in a clean kitchen towel. Place turkey in a bowl and make a well in the middle of it. Add the spinach, onion, garlic, 1 large egg, about 1/4 cup milk, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan, salt and pepper. Mix well. Form into 12 large balls and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil. Arrange on a nonstick cookie sheet and roast 20 minutes, or until cooked through.

Place 3 balls on dinner plates and top with sauce, garnish with parsley.

Next time I make these for Travis and I, I'll post a picture!